Want to have more fun in your family? Start focusing on religious practices in your home. Families that know, love, and serve God are full of peace and joy. Your family can be peaceful and joyful too! Grow in holiness as a family in 3 powerful ways...
1. Learn About God
Learn more about the Faith by:
2. Pray As A Family
Prayer overcomes evil. Love God through prayer by incorporating family and personal prayer. You can do this by:
- Attending Mass on Sunday and holy days
- Praying the family Rosary
- Learning to meditate
- Adopting family devotions
- Encouraging your children's spiritual development - ideas for the earliest years
- Following the Church calendar by celebrating feast days
- Celebrating name days, baptism days and other feasts that are special to your family
3. Encourage Virtues
Practicing virtue will make your family happier. Pray for an increase in the virtues you are lacking and improve the virtues you possess. All members of the family can work on this.
Spirituality is a key part of a child’s upbringing. Don’t neglect this important area. Each member will have different strengths and weaknesses. Frequent examinations of conscience will help Mom and Dad discover their own.
As a parent you can help your children work on developing their strengths and overcoming their weaknesses. Some ways of developing virtue include:
- Monthly confession - a must!
- Performing the corporal and spiritual works of mercy. Those that are especially suitable for families include: comforting the sorrowful, forgiving all injuries, bearing wrongs patiently, visiting the sick, attending funerals.
Growing in holiness as a family makes family fun much more fulfilling. Make a serious effort to continue to grow in your knowledge, love, and service for our dear Lord. He cannot be outdone in generosity.
One more area to focus on is etiquette in the family. Etiquette will make you a better family and will glorify God through the way you treat others. Through your commitment to practicing religion in the home, God will bless you with a peaceful and joyful family.