1. Bacon Crust Pizza Ingredients:
- 2 12 oz. packages of bacon
- 1 pound of sausage
- Veggies (we use green peppers, black olives, mushrooms, and onions)
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- ¼ (half a stick) of butter or other fat
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasonings (oregano, basil, thyme)
- shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven at 400*
- Line cast iron skillet with bacon laying the bacon in a way so that it can be folded over the top when filled.
- Press in the sausage.
- Add your veggies.
- Mix tomato sauce with butter. Stir in salt and Italian seasonings.
- Pour mixture over veggies.
- Sprinkle with cheese then pepperoni. We used a whole package.
- Wrap bacon over top.
- Bake for about 1 hour.
- Don’t forget to serve with lots of love!
When there is a large family to feed and you're having a special dinner guest, and you're on the GAPS diet, a dinner menu can be challenging.
The last time we had a priest for dinner along with another family, we served this pizza. We made three pizzas, a salad and served home brewed beer and kombucha.
For dessert, our friend made a gluten free pineapple upside down cake. This we served with coffee. We had many compliments on the meal. It was early summer and it really hit the spot.
This pizza can also be served as a casual meal. This is our favorite companion meal for movie night.
As moviemakers, we love movies, but you know what we really love? A perfect dinner for movie night! This is THE MEAL when it comes to what to eat while enjoying Industrious Family Films originals.
It is also a birthday favorite. It can stand on its own with no sides for a birthday party. Pairing this pizza with cake and ice-cream makes it filling enough for a birthday dinner.
Everyone is usually way too interested in the movie to eat a lot of food so movie night is simple with this one easy dish.
It is not an especially economical meal for a large family so it really has become a special occasions meal for us. Enjoy!